Monash South Africa abbreviated as MSA bursaries are there to help students who are facing financial hardships to pay for their university or college fees.
This bursary is available to South African Students who can provide proof that they are really in extreme financial hardship and that they cannot pay for their education, for a student to be considered for MSA Bursary he/she need to submit a supporting document with details of the hardship they are facing.
- Based on extreme financial hardship and other equity factors
- Current Monash students with an overall course General Point Average (GPA) of 2 and a WAM of 60% and above
- Commencing students with an Achievement Level of 21 and above. Please note that the awarding of bursaries is a competitive process with fellow applicants.
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enrol as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in a Higher Certificate , the Foundation Programme or an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 (NSC) or equivalent (South African citizens) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international); or
- Be a current Monash South African student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa
- Be able to demonstrate that the additional costs of textbooks, stationery, printing costs, living expenses and travelling costs can be covered at the student’s own cost.
Take note, although you might meet the eligibility criteria your application will be part of an in- depth selection process before final bursary awards are issued. Many bursary applications are received each semester. As a result applicants compete with peers for the limited available number of bursaries.
To apply a student need to complete the Application for Monash South Africa Bursary form (pdf) – the same form can be obtained from the Student Services Centre. Submit your application, along with any relevant documentation before the start of course semesters.
For General inquiries see the details below:
Telephone: +27 11 950 4000